Brookings, SD: A Central U.S. Location
Brookings is strategically located in the midwestern United States, offering convenient access to major metropolitan markets like Sioux Falls, Minneapolis, Kansas City, Chicago and Denver. Global companies like Daktronics and 3M are manufacturing products here that are transported throughout the country using our robust infrastructure.
The Brookings Regional Airport is used by regional residents, local businesses and South Dakota State University. There were 54,253 total aircraft operations in 2019 with airport visitors that included 3M, Larson, HyVee, ESPN, USDA, Wheels Up, NetJets and more.
The Sioux Falls Regional Airport, an International Port of Entry with freight services offered by FedEx and UPS, is 50 minutes away on Interstate 29. The airport provides convenient access to the country and world through five airlines offering flights to over 200 cities.
Rail service is provided by Canadian Pacific Railway servicing all major centers across North America - connecting Brookings to Canada, the United States, and Mexico. Specifically, the Dakota, Minnesota & Eastern line provide rail service in Brookings, offering connections to major centers across North America.
Brookings offers convenient interstate access. As a transportation hub for local manufacturing companies like Larson, 3M, Daktronics and HyVee, infrastructure investment have continued to be made to ensure easy access from industrial parks and commercial sites. Brookings offers connectivity via I-29 to I-90, I-80, I-94, I-35 and I-70, which extend throughout the country.
- Sioux Falls, SD - 53 miles - 49 min
- Fargo, ND - 188 miles - 2 hrs, 53 min
- Minneapolis, MN - 204 miles - 3 hrs, 8 min
- Omaha, NE - 237 miles - 3 hrs, 38 min
- Rapid City, SD - 390 miles - 6 hrs
- Winnipeg, MB - 407 miles - 6 hrs, 16 min
- Kansas City, MO - 415 miles - 6 hrs, 20 min
- Chicago, IL - 572 miles - 8 hrs, 48 min
- St. Louis, MO - 668 miles - 10 hrs, 16 min
- Denver, CO - 686 miles - 10 hrs, 33 min